The University of Notre Dame has a college basketball team that competes in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I. The team is known as the Fighting Irish and they play their home games at the Purcell Pavilion at the Edmund P. Joyce Center on the university’s campus in Notre Dame, Indiana.
The Fighting Irish men’s basketball team has a long and storied history, with over 1,800 wins and a winning percentage of over .600 all-time. The team has made 36 NCAA tournament appearances, including multiple trips to the Final Four, and has won two national championships (in 1927 and 1978).
The head coach of the Fighting Irish men’s basketball team is currently Mike Brey, who has been with the program since 2000 and has led the team to multiple NCAA tournament appearances and conference titles during his tenure.
Several notable players from the Notre Dame Fighting Irish men’s basketball team have gone on to have successful careers in the NBA. Below are a few of the most notable players:
1. Adrian Dantley – Dantley played for Notre Dame from 1973-1976 and was a two-time All-American. He went on to have a Hall of Fame career in the NBA, where he was a six-time All-Star and won two scoring titles.
2. John Paxson – Paxson played for Notre Dame from 1979-1983 and was a key member of the Fighting Irish’s 1979 Final Four team. He had a solid NBA career, most notably with the Chicago Bulls, where he won three NBA championships as a player and later served as the team’s general manager.
3. Bill Laimbeer – Laimbeer played for Notre Dame from 1975-1979 and was known for his tough, physical style of play. He won two NBA championships with the Detroit Pistons in the late 1980s and was a four-time All-Star.
4. Troy Murphy – Murphy played for Notre Dame from 1998-2001 and was a two-time All-American. He played in the NBA for 12 seasons and was known for his rebounding and three-point shooting.
5. Kelly Tripucka – Tripucka played for Notre Dame from 1977-1981 and was a two-time All-American. He had a solid NBA career, most notably with the Detroit Pistons and Utah Jazz, and was a two-time All-Star.
The highest finish for the Notre Dame College Basketball Team in the NCAA March Madness Tournament is reaching the Championship Game (Final Four) on multiple occasions.
Notre Dame has made it to the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament a total of 9 times, most recently in 2018. The Fighting Irish have played in the championship game twice, in 1978 and 2015, but they have not won a national title in men’s basketball.
To bet on NCAA College Basketball with Bitcoin open your BetOnline Account today.
Get the best odds and deposit with Bitcoin or 17 other Altcoins now at BetOnline.