The Texas Christian University (TCU) Horned Frogs are the men’s basketball team representing Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. The team plays in the Big 12 Conference of the NCAA Division I.
The TCU men’s basketball program has a long and storied history, dating back to the early 1900s. The team has made multiple appearances in the NCAA Tournament, including a trip to the Final Four in 1956.
In recent years, TCU has experienced a resurgence under head coach Jamie Dixon. Dixon, a TCU alum, returned to his alma mater in 2016 and has led the Horned Frogs to a number of notable victories and accomplishments. In the 2017-2018 season, TCU earned an NCAA Tournament berth for the first time in 20 years. The team has also made appearances in the NIT in recent years.
The Horned Frogs play their home games at Schollmaier Arena, which has a seating capacity of 6,800. Some notable former TCU basketball players include Kurt Thomas, Darrell Browder, and James Cash.
Several players from the TCU Horned Frogs College Basketball team have gone on to play in the NBA. Here are some of the most famous players:
1. Kurt Thomas: Kurt Thomas played for TCU from 1991 to 1995 and was the team’s leading scorer and rebounder for all four years. He was selected 10th overall in the 1995 NBA draft by the Miami Heat and went on to play 18 seasons in the NBA.
2. Alex English: Alex English played for TCU from 1972 to 1976 and was one of the most prolific scorers in college basketball during his career. He was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks in 1976 and went on to have a Hall of Fame career in the NBA.
3. Desmond Mason: Desmond Mason played for TCU from 1995 to 2000 and was a two-time All-American. He was selected 17th overall in the 2000 NBA draft by the Seattle SuperSonics and went on to play nine seasons in the NBA.
4. Lee Nailon: Lee Nailon played for TCU from 1997 to 1999 and was a dominant scorer in college. He was selected 43rd overall in the 1999 NBA draft by the Charlotte Hornets and went on to play five seasons in the NBA.
5. Jim Tucker: Jim Tucker played for TCU from 1949 to 1951 and was a member of the New York Knicks championship teams in 1951 and 1952. He played five seasons in the NBA.
The TCU Horned Frogs have made 8 appearances in the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, with their highest finish being the Elite Eight in 1968. In that tournament, TCU defeated Texas A&M, Eastern Kentucky, and SMU before losing to eventual national champion, UCLA.
To bet on NCAA College Basketball with Bitcoin open your BetOnline Account today.
Get the best odds and deposit with Bitcoin or 17 other Altcoins now at BetOnline.